Since society tends to have some standards in terms of physical beauty, it becomes a little bit difficult as not everyone of us is born with those physical features that are deemed attractive or beautiful. This is why a lot of people especially those in their teenage years easily succumb to having low self-esteem or worse suffer depression.
The good thing about all this is that despite having such standards in physical beauty people have also created ways which may be artificial at times but would help in achieving their desired appearance. There are already hundreds of beauty clinics around the world that offers procedures to enhance or improve anybody’s physical appearance. However, these procedures may be too extreme, too costly and may involve surgeries that not everyone approves of.
Cosmetics or make-up is the next best thing to these procedures. Somehow, these are already acceptable ways of enhancing ones physical appearance. Wearing make-up is no longer extra-ordinary. In fact, it’s so usual that for ladies it is a mark of sophistication and professionalism when you put some make-up on. Hence, the growth of a billion dollar cosmetics industry was made possible.
It seems like any possible make-up that you could think of to enhance your appearance is already available at your local stores from lipsticks, to eyeliners and even extensions for the lashes. The problem now is that because of this proliferation you have to be careful which cosmetic products to choose. You are no longer sure whether the make-up that you are buying is free from chemicals which may cause irritations to your skin.
They say that one certain way to avoid getting skin irritation is by choosing organic cosmetic products. These are make-up products that do not contain harmful chemicals or have components that are from natural sources such as plant or flower extracts which were not harvested through the use of synthetic chemical compounds.
For a more specific definition of organic make-up products, here are some simple facts about organic cosmetics:
- Substantial amount of the ingredients must be organic or at least 95%;
- Organic cosmetic products do not contain harmful chemicals or those that are toxic to the environment;
- The original qualities of the organic raw materials are preserved in the process of creating organic make-up products;
- There are no or little change in the composition of the organic raw materials even after the processing of the organic make-up products;
- No animal testing has been done for the organic make-up products;
- Raw materials that comes from vertebrate animals must only be collected from living ones which are raised the organic ways;
- No raw material for the organic cosmetics must come from genetically-modified sources;
- The production of organic make-up products are also centered on the idea that consumers are safe after using it.
- The label of the product must explicitly say that it is organic and must have complete information about its ingredients; and
- It must be certified by agencies that accredits organic products.